NEWS AND CURRENT EVENTS:
Enjoy our slideshow video from our NFSHOF 2018 Induction Dinner:
Our 2018 Niagara Falls Sports Hall of Fame Inductees:
Debbie (Williams) Southward
Charlie Leo (deceased) - Bog Eagler Memorial Award
Jimmy Thompson (deceased) - Pep DiRamio Service Award
ABOUT US & HISTORY
NFSHOF Board of Directors : Seated; Paul Smith ( Srgt of Arms), Joe Rizzo (Public Relations Mgr, Bylaws Interpreter), Tony Quaranto (President), Frank Previte Jr., Pete Eodice (Treasurer), Standings; Billy Clingersmith, Mitch Adamshick (Secretary), Joe Colosi, Dan Bazzani (Vice President), Bill Ross and Frank Colucci. Missing; Pete Marra.
The Niagara Falls Sports Hall of Fame honors members of the community who have contributed to the community through their sports activities as athletes, coaches, managers, organizers, sponsors and volunteers.
The Niagara Falls Sports Hall of Fame, previously known as The Old Timers Sports Hall of Fame has been in existence since 1968. Over the past 45 years The Hall has honored 258 members of the Niagara Falls community that have contributed in some way to the field of athletics.
The Niagara Falls Sports Hall of Fame elects members into the Hall once a year. A person may be nominated for the Hall, but he must be elected into the Hall - a nomination does not guarantee induction into the Hall.
- Harold Quinn and Pep DiRamio founded this organization in 1968. Eligible recipients must be 55 years of age or older to be considered for induction.
- In 1975, the Pep DiRamio Award was established to recognize a member of the committee for special efforts in the success of our program.
- In 1997, the Memorial Award was established to recognize the deceased individuals who were never selected.
- In 1991, John Laurendi and Tony Quaranto reorganized the Hall after it had been discontinued.
- The Niagara Falls Sports Hall of Fame meets the second Wednesday of every month.