NEWS AND CURRENT EVENTS:
Our NFSHOF inductees for 2017:
* Jerry Tubinis (deceased) - Robert Eagler Memorial Award recipientJoseph Costanzo (deceased) - Pep DiRamio Service Award recipient
They will be inshrined at a dinner at the Como Restaurant on Oct. 21, starting at 6:00 PM. For ticket information call Dan Bazanni at 284-1448 or 531-2341
Some photos of our beloved friend Jerry who will be inshrined at this year's dinner:
(2013 NFSHOF Inductees John Attamian with Tubinis while at Bordentown, prepping for enrollment to play football at Norte Dame University.)
* * *
More photos of our inductees:
ABOUT US & HISTORY
The Niagara Falls Sports Hall of Fame honors members of the community who have contributed to the community through their sports activities as athletes, coaches, managers, organizers, sponsors and volunteers.
The Niagara Falls Sports Hall of Fame, previously known as The Old Timers Sports Hall of Fame has been in existence since 1968. Over the past 45 years The Hall has honored 258 members of the Niagara Falls community that have contributed in some way to the field of athletics.
The Niagara Falls Sports Hall of Fame elects members into the Hall once a year. A person may be nominated for the Hall, but he must be elected into the Hall - a nomination does not guarantee induction into the Hall.
- Harold Quinn and Pep DiRamio founded this organization in 1968. Eligible recipients must be 55 years of age or older to be considered for induction.
- In 1975, the Pep DiRamio Award was established to recognize a member of the committee for special efforts in the success of our program.
- In 1997, the Memorial Award was established to recognize the deceased individuals who were never selected.
- In 1991, John Laurendi and Tony Quaranto reorganized the Hall after it had been discontinued.
- The Niagara Falls Sports Hall of Fame meets the second Wednesday of every month.